Investment continues in education at all levels from modernising schools and colleges to expanding and consolidating university campuses.
Circumstances may be difficult but there is still an appetite to create buildings fit for learning and research in the 21st century, with an emphasis on design quality, sustainability and reduced energy consumption.
We have a highly successful track record working with a number of education providers on estate strategies, campus expansion and masterplanning. We also have extensive experience of dealing with listed education buildings and of the disposal of surplus estate for alternative forms of development which generate value for educational institutions. We are familiar with BSF, PPP and Academies and the value of clear planning advice to secure robust permissions. Our team of consultants in the education sector across all ten offices in the British Isles can provide expert services from the local to national scale, sharing best practice and market intelligence.
Our Skills include:
- Estate strategies and how to get them endorsed through the planning system
- Campus masterplans and urban design advice, including D&A Statements
- Managing complex planning applications
- Delivering student accommodation (including private providers)
- National Policy, Regional Strategy and LDF representations
- Heritage assessments and advice
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Strategic planning advice on PFI/BSF/PPP process