Compulsory purchase and land assembly
Land assembly can be a critical stage in project delivery
The land required for the implementation of development and infrastructure schemes cannot always be secured by agreement and compulsory purchase is often needed. The formal stopping up of Public Highways or other access routes may also be required.
Turley Associates’ services include:
- Advice on the scoping and promotion of CPOs under a wide range of statutory powers
- Drafting of Statements of Reasons/Case
- Planning and urban design inputs to help justify the inclusion of plots within an Order
- Preparation and submission of Highway Stopping Up and Footpath Closure/ Diversion Orders
- Preparation and submission of objections to CPO and Road Closure Orders
- Presentation of expert planning evidence at Public Inquiries.
- Advice and support to acquiring authorities to help deliver the satisfactory relocation of businesses affected by a proposed CPO.
We can also assist in respect of Land Compensation Claims by:
- Advice to acquiring authorities or affected landowners with regard to planning assumptions to underpin the assessment of land value
- Preparing and submitting applications and appeals for Certificates of Appropriate Alternative Development
- Preparing and presenting expert planning evidence in the Upper Tribunal and other hearings.